Women's Soccer vs. Union
Wednesday, October 9 | 3:30 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Union will meet for the first time on Wednesday afternoon.
SCOUTING THE DUTCHWOMEN
• Union (5-4-0) is coming off a 1-0 OT win over Rensselaer on Saturday.
• Sophomore Fiona Zimmerman converted senior Linsey Giles cross in the 93rd minute for her first career goal to help the Dutchwomen pick up its first Liberty League victory.
• Bella Dworkin (3-2-8) and Emma Schleimer (3-1-7) are tied for the team lead in goals, while Zimmerman (1-2-4) is one of three players on the squad with two assists.
• Alison Sorkenn has started all nine matches posting a 1.00 goals against average and a .816 save percentage to go along with three shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-5-1) is looking to halt a four-game winless streak after suffering a 2-1 OT loss at Wheaton on Saturday.
• Junior Scarlet Broderick scored her first career goal and first-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich matched her season high with 12 saves for the Beavers, who hit the post less than a minute into extra time.
• Senior Olivia West (4-0-8) and junior Addie Lalor (2-0-4) have accounted for six of Babson's eight goals, while senior Maggie McCabe leads the Green and White with three assists.
• Fedosiewich has started all 10 contests and boasts a 0.88 goals against average and a .894 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets.
• The Green and White will host its seventh annual EvvGirl Pink Game on Wednesday in honor of Evan Bard, sister of 2016 alumna Leisl Bard. Evan, whose favorite color was pink, lost her life in a drunk driving car crash in May 2013. Evan was a nursing student and cheerleader at Curry College, where she was studying to become a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) nurse. To honor Evan's memory, the EvvGirl Foundation is funding the NICU Webcam Project and Seize the Keys Drunk Driving Educational Program.
• The EvvGirl Foundation was formed to generate smiles and happiness by continuing Evan Bard's passions in nursing specifically for NICUs, pediatrics and maternity, as well as in early childhood education and cheerleading. Donations to the EvvGirl Foundation can be made online or at the game.
BACK IN THE FRIENDLY CONFINES
• Despite its struggles on the road, the Green and White is 4-1-0 at home this season and has recorded four straight shutout victories at Hartwell-Rogers Field going back to September 7.
• Going back to their season opener on August 30, the Beavers have not allowed a goal in 399:59 at home.
GIVE ME LIBERTY
• Wednesday's match will be Babson's first against an opponent from the Liberty League since 2012, when it opened the season with games against Ithaca and William Smith.
IN GOOD HANDS
• Fedosiewich enters Tuesday's contest ranked 32nd in Division III in goals against average, and ranks 51 nationally with 76 saves.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 4-0-0 this season when scoring the first goal of the match.