No. 18 Field Hockey at Smith
Saturday, October 19 | 12 p.m.
Smith Turf Field | Northampton, Mass.
• Babson is 20-19-1 all-time against Smith in a series that dates back to 1987.
• Since 2001, the Beavers have won 17 of their last 19 matches against the Pioneers.
• In four meetings since suffering a 3-2 OT loss at Smith in 2014, the Green and White has outscored the Pioneers 14-0.
• Senior Cate Diamond scored 9:21 into the contest and classmate Tori Roche and Ashley Tango '19 added insurance goals over the final five minutes of the second half as the Beavers defeated Smith, 3-0, on October 13, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Diamond and Tango both contributed assists for Babson, which got three saves from sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley.
• Sophomore Channy Cornell made 11 saves for the Pioneers.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
• Smith (3-10, 1-3 NEWMAC) suffered its fourth straight one-goal loss on Wednesday night, falling to Amherst in double-overtime, 2-1.
• Sammie Pavlov scored 10:07 into the first quarter for the Pioneers, who outshot the Mammoths 4-2 in the overtime periods.
• Pavlov (5-2-12) is tied for the team lead with three defensive saves, senior Vivian Nelson (5-2-12) has a goal in two of the last three games, and sophomore Grace Moorhead (5-1-11) has scored twice in league play.
• Cornell has posted a 2.55 goals against average and a .728 save percentage to go along with two shutouts in 13 starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 18 Babson (11-3, 5-0 NEWMAC) enters riding a six-game winning streak following Sunday's 1-0 victory at Wesleyan.
• Sophomore Isabella Boonstra redirected a shot by junior Maddy Paro late in the third quarter for the game's only goal as the Beavers won their fifth straight road game.
• Roche (10-2-22) ranks third in the conference in goals, sophomore Lauren Curley (8-1-17) has scored five times in league play, and classmate Millie Brady (5-5-15) is tied for fifth in the NEWMAC in assists.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley ranks 15th in Division III with a 0.81 goals against average and 21st in save percentage (.821) to go along with four shutouts in 14 starts.
• Babson has won its last 31 NEWMAC regular season games, a streak that dates back to October 2015.
• The Beavers enter Saturday's match riding a 17-game road winning streak in conference play.
• Roche has scored in 15 straight NEWMAC regular season games dating back to 2016.
• The Green and White has won 12 consecutive games in the month of October.
AT HOME ON THE ROAD
• The Beavers are 7-1 on the road this season and have outscored their opponents 23-5 while recording four shutouts in eight games.
• The Green and White went 7-1 away from home last season and has won 23 of its last 27 road games since the start of the 2016 campaign.
• Babson has outscored its first five conference opponents 7-0 in the first quarter and 12-1 over the first half.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 9-0 on the year when leading after three quarters.