Women's Volleyball vs. Simmons
Thursday, October 11 | 7 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Simmons will meet for the 25th time on Thursday in a series that dates back to 1980. The Beavers are 17-7 all-time against the Sharks but had their seven-match winning streak snapped in a three-set loss last season.
• Morgan Weeg led all players with 19 kills as Simmons swept Babson, 25-20, 25-21, 25-21, on October 25, 2017, in Boston.
• Sophomore Gaby Miller finished with eight kills for the Beavers, who hit just .129 and made 10 service errors in the loss.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Lorraine Mackiewicz '17 hit .789 and finished with 16 kills, eight digs and seven blocks as the Beavers swept Simmons, 25-18, 25-17, 23-23, on October 26, 2016, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Elizabeth Cameron dished out 29 assists and classmate Kristin Carosotto added five blocks as Babson held the Sharks to a .045 hitting percentage.
SCOUTING THE SHARKS
• Simmons (7-10) snapped a two-match skid with a 3-0 win over Albertus Magnus in the second of two matches last Saturday.
• First-year Krissy Lloyd had nine kills and classmate Reilly Coombs and sophomore Faith Gray-Williams added eight kills apiece for the Sharks, who hit .237 as a team.
• Gray-Williams is averaging 2.38 kills, 3.73 assists and 2.05 digs per set, while first-year Amanda Fortune is contributing 2.00 kills and hitting at a .333 clip.
• Junior Kenna McCarthy is dishing out 4.36 assists and sophomore Julia Fusco leads the team with 3.58 digs per set.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (15-5) has won four straight matches after dispatching Wheaton, 3-0, on Tuesday night.
• Sophomore Allie Puccio matched her season high with 17 kills and Carosotto added nine kills and a match-high three blocks for the Beavers.
• Puccio leads the team in kills per set (3.19), Carosotto is hitting .325 and averaging 2.46 kills and 1.02 blocks, and Roseen is contributing 2.35 kills.
• Cameron is dishing out 9.57 assists per set and senior Abby Beecher ranks second in the NEWMAC in both total digs (304) and digs per set (4.54).
CONTINUING UP THE BLOCKS LIST
• Carosotto, who has recorded at least one block in 31 consecutive matches, needs to just three more blocks to tie Jenny Karnes '17 for 10th on the program's all-time list.
• She also is just five away from becoming the 10th player in program to reach 200 total blocks for her career.
• The Green and White has won 28 of its last 29 matches inside Staake Gymnasium going back to 2015.
• The Beavers are averaging 14.67 kills and hitting .297 as a team in five matches this fall at home.
BABSON IN THE NATIONAL RANKINGS
• The Green and White ranks 32nd in Division III in hitting percentage (.234).
• Carosotto ranks 30th nationally in blocks per set (1.02) and Cameron is 64th in assists per set (9.57).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have been victorious in 80 consecutive matches going back to 2013 when winning the first two sets.