Women's Volleyball vs. Wheaton
Tuesday, October 9 | 7 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Wheaton will meet for the 49th time on Tuesday night in a series that dates back to 1980. The Beavers are 16-32 all-time against the Lyons but have won eight of the last 11 matchups between the programs.
• The trio of seniors Claire Cansler and Cathryn MacGregor and sophomore Julia Palomba combined for 31 kills to help Wheaton defeat Babson in four sets on October 10, 2017, in Norton, Mass.
• Palomba and MacGregor added 16 and 14 digs, respectively for the Lyons. Sophomore Allie Puccio finished with nine kills, two blocks and two aces for the Beavers.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Jenny Karnes '17 led all players with eight kills and sophomore Kristin Carosotto added five kills and two blocks as the Beavers swept Wheaton, 26-24, 25-10, 25-18, on October 25, 2016, in Babson Park.
• Gizem Yilmaz served up a career-high nine aces for Babson, while MacGregor and senior Allison Cox each had seven kills apiece for the Lyons.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (18-2, 4-1 NEWMAC) has won 17 of its last 18 matches after rallying for a five-set victory at Emerson last Tuesday.
• Adara Hamilton had 25 kills and 16 digs and Cansler hit .472 and finished with 18 kills for the Lyons, who won the final two sets by a total of four points.
• Palomba is averaging 3.09 kills and 3.26 digs per set, Cansler (2.71 k/s) is hitting .304, and Hamilton is contributing 2.48 kills and 3.07 digs.
• Junior Becca Houghton ranks second in the NEWMAC in assists (10.15) and MacGregor leads the conference in both total digs (305) and digs per set (4.62).
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (14-5, 5-1 NEWMAC) has won three straight and 13 of its last 15 matches following Saturday's four-set win at Endicott.
• Senior Shannon Roseen had 15 kills, Puccio added 13 and junior Elizabeth Cameron dished out a season-high 55 assists for the Beavers, who hit .210 in the victory.
• Puccio leads the team in kills per set (3.07), Carosotto is hitting .327 and averaging 2.43 kills and 1.02 blocks, and Roseen is contributing 2.35 kills.
• Cameron is dishing out 9.43 assists per set and senior Abby Beecher ranks second in the league in both total digs (290) and digs per set (4.53).
• After going 4-1 during a stretch of five matches in eight days on the road, the Green and White returns to the friendly confines of Staake Gymnasium for four straight contests beginning on Tuesday.
• The Beavers are 4-0 this season and have won 27 of their last 28 matches at home dating back to October 2015.
RISING IN THE RECORD BOOKS
• Cameron, who set a single-season record with 1,004 assists last season, moved into second place on the program's all-time list with 2,427 career assists on Saturday.
• Beecher, who owns the top per-set average in school history (4.49), moved into sixth place in Babson history with 1,128 career digs on Saturday.
RAISING THEIR PRODUCTION
• Sophomore Gaby Miller finished with a season-high 10 kills in Saturday's win over Endicott, and averaged 2.50 kills per set while hitting .365 in four matches last week.
• First-year Samantha Hardan averaged 2.75 digs per set last week, while classmate Maddie Malee recorded a season-high 15 digs against MIT last Tuesday and has averaged 2.69 digs per set over the last four matches.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won the first set in all 14 of their victories this season.