Women's Volleyball at Colby-Sawyer
Thursday, October 4 | 7 p.m.
Hogan Sports Center | New London, N.H.
• Babson and Colby-Sawyer will meet for the 19th time on Thursday night in a series that dates back to 1987.
• The Beavers are 12-6 all-time against the Chargers and have won five consecutive matches between the teams since 2011.
• Mary Donahue '16 led all players with 15 kills as Babson recorded a four-set (25-19, 19-25, 25-18, 25-16) win over Colby-Sawyer on October 10, 2015, in Beverly, Mass.
• Alicia Wilde '16 added nine kills and three blocks for the Beavers. Gabrielle Rodriguez finished with 10 kills, 11 digs and four blocks to lead the Chargers.
LAST COLBY-SAWYER WIN
• The Chargers defeated Babson, 3-0, at the Roger Williams Tournament on September 30, 2000, in Bristol, R.I.
SCOUTING THE CHARGERS
• Colby-Sawyer (12-7) has won six consecutive matches after rally from a two-set deficit to defeat Regis, 3-2, on Wednesday night.
• First-year Maddie Bromley finished with 20 kills, 16 digs and three blocks for the Chargers, who hit .405 over the final two sets.
• Bromley is averaging 2.47 kills and 2.79 digs, senior Coutrney Murray is putting away 2.07 kills, and junior Naarah Cox is contributing 1.67 kills and a team-high 0.79 blocks per set.
• First-year Anna Allen is dishing out 7.09 assists and junior Morgan Flynn is averaging a team-best 3.95 digs on the year.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (11-5) saw its five-match winning streak come to an end with a 3-1 loss at No. 22 MIT on Tuesday night.
• Sophomore Allie Puccio had 11 kills and junior Elizabeth Cameron contributed 31 assists, five kills, six digs, and four blocks for the Beavers.
• Puccio is averaging 3.14 kills and junior Kristin Carosotto is contributing 2.48 kills and 0.98 blocks per set to go along with a .316 hitting percentage.
• Senior Shannon Roseen is putting away 2.19 kills, Cameron is dishing out 9.10 assists and senior Abby Beecher leads the team with 4.44 digs per set.
I CAN DIG THAT
• For the first time this season the Beavers had four players recorded double-digit dig totals in Tuesday's loss against MIT.
• First-year Maddie Malee, who finished with a season high, and Beecher both had 15, first-year Samantha Hardan had 14 and sophomore Cassidy Witten added 13.
PRESENCE AT THE NET
• Carosotto, who ranks 49th in Division III in blocks per set, has recorded at least one block in 27 consecutive matches going back to last season.
• She has finished with four or more blocks in seven of Babson's 16 matches this fall.
LEADING THE ATTACK
• In 11 matches dating back to September 8, Puccio is averaging 3.57 kills per set while hitting .281.
• Puccio also has recorded at least 10 kills in nine of the 11 matches during this stretch.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won eight of nine matches this season and are 27-4 going back to the start of last year when finishing with more service aces than their opponents.