Women's Volleyball at Coast Guard
Saturday, September 29 | 12 p.m.
Roland Hall | New London, Conn.
• Babson and Coast Guard will meet for the 37th time in a series that dates back to 1981 on Saturday afternoon. The Beavers are 13-23 all-time against the Bears and have won seven consecutive matches between the teams going back to 2014.
• Junior Kristin Carosotto and sophomore Allie Puccio combined for 17 kills as the Beavers swept Coast Guard, 25-23, 25-12, 26-24, on September 30, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Junior Elizabeth Cameron added 23 assists and six digs for the Beavers, who hit .220 for the match. Junior Angelou Dunton had nine kills and six digs to lead the Bears.
LAST COAST GUARD WIN
• Kelsey DePorto led all players with 16 kills and Rebekah Muller added 15 kills and 14 digs as the sixth-seeded Bears upset third-seeded Babson in four sets in a NEWMAC Tournament quarterfinal on November 5, 2013, in Babson Park. Mary Donahue '15 finished with 15 kills and fellow Krissy Robertson '15 contributed 24 assists and 13 digs for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Coast Guard (14-3, 3-2 NEWMAC) has dropped two of its last three matches after suffering a 3-2 loss to Springfield on Tuesday night.
• Dunton finished with 14 kills, 12 digs and five service aces, while sophomore Bridget Boyle added 13 kills for the Bears.
• The trio of Dunton (2.83 k/s), first-year Amanada Dake (2.71 k/s) and Boyle (2.17 k/s) have combined to average nearly eight kills to go along with a .254 hitting percentage.
• Sophomore Veronica Hine is contributing a team-high 3.75 digs and the duo of junior Makenna Martin and first-year Nikki Sefcik is dishing out 9.64 assists per set.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (10-4, 4-0 NEWMAC) picked up its fourth straight win with a 3-0 sweep of Keene State last Saturday.
• Puccio led all players with 14 kills and sophomore Avery Tronson hit .450 with a career-high 10 kills to lead the Beavers, who recorded at least 17 kills in all three sets.
• Puccio is averaging 3.00 kills, while Carrosotto is contributing 2.63 kills and ranks fourth in the NEWMAC in blocks (0.93) and sixth in hitting percentage (.347).
• Senior Shannon Roseen is putting away 2.23 kills per set, Cameron is dishing out 9.22 assists and senior Abby Beecher ranks second in the league in digs per set (4.55).
TAMING THE BEARS
• Roseen has averaged 2.60 kills per set while hitting an efficient .364 in four career matches against Coast Guard.
• In three meetings against the Bears, Cameron is averaging 9.44 assists, 2.78 digs and 1.11 kills per set.
NEWMAC HONORS FOR BEECHER
• After contributing 4.75 digs per set in four wins last week, Beecher was selected as the NEWMAC Defensive Player of the Week on Monday.
• The 10th player in program history to surpass 1,000 career digs, she currently owns the highest digs per set average (4.50) in program history.
• The Green and White is averaging 13.75 kills per set and is hitting .333 during its current four-match winning streak.
• Over its first four conference matches Babson leads the NEWMAC in kills per set (13.50) and hitting percentage (.310), and is fourth in both service aces (2.21) and blocks per set (1.64).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have won the opening set in 11 of 14 matches this season.