Women's Volleyball at UMass Dartmouth
Thursday, September 20 | 7 p.m.
Tripp Center | Dartmouth, Mass.
• Babson and UMass Dartmouth will meet for the first time since 2012 and 19th time overall on Thursday night. The Beavers are 7-11 all-time and have won three of their last four matchups against the Corsairs.
• Mary Donahue '16 hit .577 and finished with 16 kills as the Beavers rolled to a 25-13, 25-14, 25-19 sweep of UMass Dartmouth on September 29, 2012, in Babson Park.
• Kathleen Lynch '13 dished out 34 assists and Kseniya Pulido '15 had a team-high 11 digs for Babson. The Corsairs finished with just 14 kills while hitting -.015 in the loss.
LAST UMASS DARTMOUTH WIN
• Allie Mastrcola registered seven kills and eight digs and Jess Goncalves dished out 15 assists as the Corsairs swept Babson (25-22, 25-20, 25-23) on October 8, 2011, in Springfield, Mass.
• Meg Flaherty '12 recorded 18 kills and Lynch finished with 32 assists and 13 digs for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE CORSAIRS
• UMass Dartmouth (5-3) has now dropped three straight matches after suffering a 3-1 loss to Simmons on Tuesday night.
• Amanda LaCroix finished with 10 kills and Nicole Silverman added nine for the Corsairs, who made 16 service errors in the match.
• Siilverman is hitting .242 and averaging 3.14 kills and 2.68 digs per set, while LaCroix and senior Kristy Walton are both contributing 2.04 kills.
• Junior Jordan Rittberger is handing out 7.78 assists and classmate Jillian Sykora leads the squad with 3.82 digs per set.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (7-4) has won six of its last seven matches after easing past Emerson in straight sets on Tuesday night.
• Senior Shannon Roseen hit .520 and led all players with 15 kills, while sophomore Allie Puccio added eight kills and hit .400 over the first two sets for the Beavers.
• Puccio is averaging 2.83 kills per set, junior Kristin Carosotto is hitting .297 to go along with 2.40 kills and 0.86 blocks, and Roseen is contributing 2.23 kills per set.
• Junior Elizabeth Cameron is dishing out 9.17 assists and senior Abby Beecher is recording a team-high 4.53 digs per game.
BEECHER REACHES MILESTONE
• With 15 digs in Tuesday's win over Emerson, Beecher became the 10th player in program history to reach 1,000 digs for her career.
• Her 4.53 digs per set average is currently the best all-time among Babson players with more than 1,000 digs.
HITTING WITH ACCUARACY
• The Green and White committed just five errors in Tuesday's win, which are the fewest in head coach Eric Neely's 237 matches in charge of the program.
• The Beavers hit a season-best .387 against Emerson and are boast a .254 hitting percentage in seven matches against Division III opponents this fall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 20-5 in the month of September going back to last year.