Women's Volleyball vs. Emerson
Tuesday, September 18 | 7 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Emerson will meet for the 10th time on Tuesday night in a series that dates back to 2009. The Beavers are 7-2 all-time against the Lions and have won six of the last seven matches between the teams.
• Senior Shannon Roseen, junior Kristin Carosotto and sophomore Allie Puccio combined to put away 25 kills as Babson defeated Emerson in straight sets, 25-21, 25-16, 25-18, on September 19, 2017, in Boston.
• Junior Elizabeth Cameron dished out a match-high 28 assists, while senior Moira Brennan led the Lions with 19 assists and 10 digs.
LAST EMERSON WIN
• Alyssa Thorne recorded a team-high 10 kills and Juliana Tucker led all players with 36 assists to go along with 15 digs as Emerson held off Babson in a five-set battle, 25-8, 25-23, 23-25, 16-25, 15-12, on October 15, 2013, in Boston. Mary Donahue '16 finished with 11 kills for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
• Emerson (6-4, 0-2 NEWMAC) has dropped three straight matches after suffering a 3-0 setback against Endicott to wrap up Saturday's tri-match.
• Sophomore Grace Tepper had 12 kills and senior Fara Cohen added 10 kills and 19 digs for the Lions, who hit just .117 over the final two sets.
• First-year Carolyn Vainmoso is averaging 3.71 kills and 2.36 digs per set, while Tepper is contributing 3.17 kills and 3.20 digs.
• Brennan is dishing out 9.69 assists per set and Cohen is recording a team-high 3.77 digs per game.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-4, 2-0 NEWMAC) had its five-match winning streak snapped in a 3-0 loss to No. 5 Johnson & Wales in the second of two matches on Saturday.
• Puccio recorded 11 kills and 10 digs and Carosotto added nine kills for the Beavers, who hit .180 in the match.
• Puccio is averaging 2.76 kills, Carosotto is contributing 2.48 kills and 0.88 blocks, and senior Abby Beecher leads the Green and White in service aces (12) and digs per set (4.49).
• Cameron is dishing out 9.03 assists to go along with 2.12 digs and 1.06 kills, while Lechner leads the squad with 30 total blocks.
• Senior Catherine Hunter has committed just four attack errors in 73 attempts and owns a .287 hitting percentage in six matches since September 7.
• Over the same six-match stretch, Carosotto is averaging 2.68 kills per set and has committed just 12 errors in 109 attack attempts while hitting at a .358 clip.
GETTING IN THE GROOVE
• Puccio has finished with at least 10 kills in five consecutive matches and is averaging 3.28 kills per set while hitting .216 during this stretch.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• With 11 kills in matches against Clark and Johnson & Wales on Saturday, Roseen moved into 17th place on the program's all-time list with 479 for her career.
• Beecher needs just five digs on Tuesday to become the 10th player in program history to reach 1,000 for her career.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 19-1 at home going back to the start of the 2016 campaign.