Women's Volleyball at WPI
Tuesday, September 11 | 7 p.m.
Harrington Auditorium | Worcester, Mass.
• Babson and WPI will meet for the 42nd time on Tuesday night in the NEWMAC opener for both teams. The Beavers are 30-11 all-time against the Engineers dating back to 1977 and have won 12 of the last 15 matches in the series.
• Senior Shannon Roseen recorded 15 kills and Babson hit at a .256 clip on its way to sweeping WPI, 25-22, 25-23, 25-17, in the conference opener for both teams on September 12, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Gaby Miller had eight kills and seven digs, while junior Elizabeth Cameron dished out 34 assists for the Beavers. Senior Casey Hunt had nine kills and 12 digs for the Engineers.
LAST WPI WIN
• Senior Melissa Daigle finished with 18 kills and Hunt added 12 kills and 16 digs as WPI won the final two sets to defeat Babson, 3-2 (17-25, 25-17, 23-25, 25-19, 15-13), on October 6, 2015, in Babson Park.
• Mary Donahue '16 hit .392 and ended with a career-high 22 kills for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• WPI (6-0, 0-0 NEWMAC) finished off a sweep of Saturday's tri-match with a 3-0 win over Fitchburg State to remain undefeated.
• Sophomore Kate Amrein led all players with nine kills and 16 digs for the Engineers, who hit .250 as a team.
• Sophomore Sarah Kwatinetz is hitting .433 and averaging 3.19 kills, Amrein is contributing 2.89 kills, and sophomore Amanda Wetmore has registered 2.70 kills and a team-high 0.50 blocks.
• Senior Azita Bakhtyari is dishing out 10.92 assists, while classmate Victoria Nassar leads the team in total digs (57) and digs per set (3.80).
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-3) has won three straight matches after edging Morrisville State in straight sets to wrap up play at the MIT Invitational on Saturday.
• Sophomore Allie Puccio led all players with 14 kills and junior Kristin Carosotto added eight kills and six blocks for the Beavers, who took advantage of 15 service errors by the Mustangs.
• Puccio is averaging 2.57 kills per set, while Carosotto is hitting .273 and contributing 2.41 kills and 0.86 blocks per set.
• Cameron is dishing out 8.70 assists, sophomore Sabrina Lechner leads the team with 22 total blocks, and senior Abby Beecher is averaging 4.46 digs per set.
• Roseen is averaging 4.17 kills per set while hitting .377 in a pair of matches over the last two seasons against WPI.
• Cameron, who became the third player in program history to surpass 2,000 career assists on Saturday has averaged 8.83 assists and 3.00 digs in two matches against the Engineers.
• Babson, which was picked to finish second when the NEWMAC preseason poll was released back in late August, has opened conference play with a win in six consecutive seasons going back to 2012.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• In their four wins this fall, the Beavers are hitting .264 and averaging 12.86 kills per set.