NEWMAC Tournament Quarterfinals
Women's Soccer at Coast Guard
Tuesday, November 5 | 7 p.m.
Nitchman Field | New London, Conn.
• Babson is 16-2-2 all-time against Coast Guard in a series that dates back to 2000.
• The Beavers had been unbeaten in 13 straight meetings against the Bears prior to a 4-3 loss during the 2018 regular season in New London.
• Babson has not conceded a goal in seven of its last eight matches against Coast Guard.
• Babson and Coast Guard will meet for the first time in Tuesday's quarterfinal.
• Sophomore Sydney McLaughlin scored the first two goals of her career as the Beavers defeated Coast Guard, 2-0, back on October 12 in Babson Park.
• McLaughlin opened the scoring in the 16th minute and tacked on an insurance tally in the 79th minute for Babson, which got nine saves from first-year Morgan Fedosiewich.
• First-year goalkeeper Sarah Schollenberger finished with seven saves for the Bears.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Second-seeded Coast Guard (8-9-1, 6-3-1 NEWMAC) secured the highest seed in program history iwht a 3-0 win over Wheaton on Saturday.
• Senior Claire Hurley produced a first-half hat trick and Schollenberger made four saves for the Bears, who are making their second consecutive NEWMAC Tournament appearance.
• Hurley (10-5-25) is tied for sixth in the league in points, sophomore Brielle Pierce (6-3-15) has been held to just one goal over the last seven matches, and first-year Anna Carleton has scored three times to go along with one assist this fall.
• Schollenberger is 8-7-1 in 16 starts with a 1.57 goals against average and a .783 save percentage to go along with four shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Seventh-seeded Babson (8-8-2, 4-4-2 NEWMAC) is unbeaten in its last three games after routing Mount Holyoke 5-0 on Saturday.
• Senior Maggie McCabe scored in the third minute and first-year Caitlin Trott finished with a goal and an assist for the Beavers, who have won their last two games away from home.
• McLaughlin (5-1-11) and junior Addie Lalor (3-0-6) have collected two game-winning goals apiece, while McCabe (2-5-9) leads the team in assists and has produced at least a point in four of the last seven league matches.
• Fedosiewich has started all 18 games and owns a 1.20 goals against average and a .856 save percentage to go along with six shutouts.
BEAVERS IN THE POSTSEASON
• Babson is making its 34th straight conference tournament appearance, which dates back to the formation of the NEW 6 Conference in 1987.
• The Beavers are 12-12-4 all-time in the quarterfinal round, and are seeking their sixth trip to the NEWMAC semifinals in the last nine years.
PINEAULT REACHES CENTURY MARK
• Tenth-year head coach Nellie Pineault MBA '03 recorded the 100th victory of her career on Saturday against Mount Holyoke.
• She owns a 100-65-29 career mark and is one of two head coaches in program history to reach the 100-win milestone.
SPREADING OUT THE SCORING
• The Beavers put away eight goals in wins over Wellesley and Mount Holyoke last week, all of which were scored by a different play.
• Senior Maya King, sophomore Grace Smith and first-years Maria Colon Figueroa and Jordan Keovongmanysar all recorded the first collegiate markers of their respective careers.
• The last seventh-seeded team to the NEWMAC semifinals was Wellesley, which played to a 3-3 draw with No. 2 Springfield before winning on penalty kicks back in 2007.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are unbeaten this season (8-0-1) when scoring the first goal of the match.