Women's Soccer at WPI
Wednesday, October 2 | 4 p.m.
Alumni Field | Worcester, Mass.
• Babson is 13-9-3 all-time against WPI in a series that dates back to 1995.
• The Beavers had been unbeaten in four straight matches against the Engineers prior to last season's loss.
• The Green and White is 5-2-2 since 2010 against WPI with all of the wins coming by a single goal.
• Juliana Cabello put away the rebound of a penalty kick in the 80th minute to lift WPI to a 2-1 win over the Beavers on October 2, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Senior Maggie McCabe score in the eighth minute to give Babson the lead, but her marker was quickly cancelled out as Sofia Orrico scored for the Engineers in the 10th minute.
• Sophomore Kayla Salmon made save of her eight saves over the final 45 minutes for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• WPI (8-2-0, 1-1-0 NEWMAC) had won four in a row before suffering a 2-1 setback against Coast Guard on Saturday.
• Orrico tied the game in the 66th minute for the Engineers, who lost for just the second time in 13 matches at home over the last two years.
• Senior Kristen McCrea (9-3-21) leads the NEWMAC in scoring, junior Leah Beauton (6-1-13) has produced three multi-goal games, and Orrico (5-3-13) has produced a point in five straight matches.
• Senior goalkeeper Mandy St. Germain has started all 10 games and owns a 0.74 goals averaging average and a. 873 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-3-1, 0-0-1 NEWMAC) is coming off a 0-0 2OT draw at Clark in its conference opener on Saturday afternoon.
• First-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich finished with a season-high 12 saves over 110 minutes for the Beavers, who hit the post late in the second overtime.
• Senior Olivia West (4-0-8) and junior Addie Lalor (2-0-4) have accounted for six of Babson's seven goals, while McCabe (0-3-3) leads the Green and White in assists.
• Fedosiewich has started all eight games and boasts a 0.73 goals against average and a .905 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets.
CITY OF TIES
• Following last Saturday's 0-0 result against Clark, the Beavers have settled for a draw in four of their last five trips to the city of Worcester.
• Babson also played to a 1-1 tie at Clark in 2017, and finished deadlocked at WPI in both 2017 (1-1) and 2015 (2-2). The team's other result during this stretch was a 2-0 victory at Clark earlier in 2015.
• After missing the first six matches of the season with an injury, sophomore midfielder Kate Korzec made her debut at Endicott last Tuesday and earned her first start of the year in Saturday's draw at Clark.
• She started 16 of 17 contests in 2018 and became just the fourth Babson first-year over the last decade to earn all-conference honors.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 4-0-0 this season when scoring the first goal of the match.