Women's Soccer vs. Mount Holyoke
Friday, October 26 | 6 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Mount Holyoke will meet for the 38th time on Saturday in a series that dates back to 1982. The Beavers are 26-10-1 all-time against the Lyons.
• Seniors Julia Lindsay and Jessica DeLuca each scored over the final 6:01 to help Babson defeat Mount Holyoke, 2-1, on October 28, 2017, in South Hadley, Mass.
• Junior Maggie McCabe recorded two assists in the win, while senior goalkeeper Maddison Gierschick made three saves for the Beavers.
• Junior Minerva Veeser-Bobea gave the Lyons a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute when she converted a feed from Sara Sanau Ruiz.
LAST MOUNT HOLYOKE WIN
• Mallory Phanuf and Kiana Lussier both scored early in the first half as the Lyons defeated Babson, 2-0, on October 27, 2012.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Mount Holyoke (3-11-2, 1-8 NEWMAC) is looking for its first win in nine matches after falling to Smith, 2-0, on Tuesday evening.
• Senior goalie Amanda Manaster made nine saves for the Lyons, who put just one shot on goal.
• Junior Hannah Finn-Erb (3-2-8) is leading the team in goals and assists, while classmate McKenna Lamb is (2-0-4) second on the team in points.
• Manaster has started all 16 games in net and leads the NEWMAC in saves (140) in addition to posting a 2.48 goals against average, .791 save percentage, and three shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-9-2, 3-6-0 NEWMAC) is looking to keep the ball rolling after a 2-0 win against Wellesley on Tuesday.
• McCabe and senior Jessica Fernandes each scored for the Beavers, while first-year goalkeeper Kayla Salmon faced just one shot to earn her first career shutout.
• Fernandes (7-3-17) and senior Emma Dineen (6-4-16) and lead the team in goals and rank ninth and 13th, respectively, in the league in scoring. McCabe (4-4-12) is tied for the team lead in assists and is third on the squad in points.
• One of three goalkeepers to start this fall, Salmon has appeared in nine games posting a 1.73 goals against average, a .698 a save percentage, and one shutout.
PLAYOFF PUSH REACHES FINAL WEEKEND
• Entering the final weekend of the regular season, the Beavers are one of four programs vying for the final two spots in next week's NEWMAC Tournament.
• Babson, Smith and Clark are all tied for seventh place with nine points, while Wheaton is in sixth with 12 points.
• The Green and White must win and hope Friday's Smith vs. Clark game ends in a draw, or that Wheaton loses to Coast Guard on Saturday to reach the tournament.
SENIOR NIGHT UNDER THE LIGHTS
• Babson's senior class of DeLuca, Dineen, Fernandes, Gierschick, Lindsay and Katherine Cullen, Julieta Ginevra and Elizabeth Mycock will be honored prior to kick off on Friday night.
• The Beavers' senior class has gone 38-27-13 since arriving on campus in the fall of 2015 while helping the program make its first NCAA Tournament appearance after reaching the NEWMAC Tournament final as first-years.
RAISING HER GAME
• McCabe enters Friday's match having scored in back-to-back contests in addition to producing at least a point in six of her last nine outings.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Green and White has gone 11-1-1 over its last 13 matches against Mount Holyoke while outscoring the Lyons 24-7.