Women's Soccer vs. Springfield
Tuesday, October 9 | 6 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Springfield will meet for the 28th time on Tuesday in a series that dates back to 1998. The Beavers are 6-17-4 all-time against the Pride and the sides split a pair of matches last season.
• Kim Quiles '18 netted two second half goals to lift fourth-seeded Springfield to a 2-0 win over third-seeded Babson in a NEWMAC Tournament quarterfinal on November 4, 2017, in Cambridge, Mass.
• Beavers' senior goalkeeper Maddison Gierschick (Hopkinton, Mass.) recorded 11 saves on the afternoon, while Ciara Boucher finished with two saves in her eighth shutout of the season.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Senior Emma Dineen scored once in each half as visiting Babson defeated Springfield, 2-1, on October 10, 2017, at Brock-Affleck Field.
• Senior Jessica Fernandes recorded an assist for the Beavers, while Gierschick made four of her six saves over the final 45 minutes to post her fifth win of the year.
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
• Springfield (9-1-1, 5-0-0 NEWMAC) is looking for its fifth straight win after beating Wellesley, 2-0, on Saturday.
• Junior Mackenzie Luiz recorded a goal and an assist, while first-year Kaleigh Dale scored early in the second half for the Pride, which outshot the Blue 28-1.
• Dale (10-1-21) is second in the NEWMAC in goals and points, senior Amanda Wright (6-1-13) is second on the team in points, and sophomore Sara Swetland (3-6-12) is leading the team in assists.
• Davis has started seven games for the Pride going 5-1-1 and posting a 0.30 goals against average, a .923 save percentage and four shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-6-2, 1-3-0 NEWMAC) is looking to snap a two-game skid after falling 4-3 at Coast Guard on Saturday.
• Fernandes finished with two goals, Dineen had a goal and an assist, and. junior Maya King and first-year Alexis Fortune each recorded an assist for the Beavers.
• Dineen (6-4-16) is tied for ninth in the league in scoring, Fernandes (5-2-12) is second on the team in goals, and junior Maggie McCabe (2-3-7) has produced a point in three of the last four games.
• First-year goalkeeper Kayla Salmon has started the last seven games posting a 2.08 goals against average and a .700 a save percentage.
MAKE IT A DOUBLE
• Fernandes recorded the second brace of her career and first since October 11, 2016, with two goals at Coast Guard on Saturday.
• She now ranks 10th in program history with 59 career points.
• The Green and White will play on MacDowell Field for the third time this season and fourth time in program history on Tuesday.
• The Beavers 3-2-1 this fall on turf, which includes an 0-1-1 mark at home.
STARTING ON THE FRONT FOOT
• Babson has outscored its opponents 12-6 in the first half this season, which includes a 5-3 margin over the first 45 minutes in its first four league outings.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• Going back to last season, nine of the Beavers last 10 conference matches have been decided by no more than a single goal.