Alpine Ski at West Mountain
Saturday-Sunday, February 8-9 | 9:30 a.m.
• The Babson men's and women's ski teams and their MacConnell Division rivals travel to West Mountain for the final weekend of regular season competition beginning on Saturday morning.
LAST TIME AT WEST MOUNTAIN
• Seniors MacIntyre Henderson (2nd, 1st) and Jack Blanchard (3rd, 2nd) both recorded a pair of podium finishes to help the Babson men record back-to-back wins in the giant slalom at West Mountain on February 2-3, 2019.
• Junior Sarah Mangiacotti (7th, 4th) and senior Elizabeth Baer (10th, 5th) each came through with a pair of top-10 results for the Babson women, who finished third in the opening GS race and second on day last season at West Mountain.
SCOUTING THE BABSON WOMEN
• The Beavers came in fifth in last Saturday's slalom at Pat's Peak and followed it up with a runner-up showing in the GS at Mount Sunapee last Sunday.
• First-year Lauren Abdow and Baer placed second and third, respectively, in Sunday's GS, and both came in in the top 10 in the slalom a day earlier.
• Mangiacotti, Baer and Abdow all rank among the top 10 skiers in the MacConnell Division entering the final weekend of the regular season and are well on their way to earning all-division honors.
SCOUTING THE BABSON MEN
• The Green and White came in second in the slalom at Pat's Peak and the GS at Mount Sunapee last weekend.
• Blanchard, first-year Liam Mooney and fellow rookie Jack Beney took third through fifth place in Saturday's slalom, while senior MacIntyre Henderson, first-year Zach Roman, Blanchard and Beney placed fourth through seventh in the GS on Sunday.
• The Beavers have seven skiers among the top 25 in the MacConnell Division entering the final weekend of competition, a list which does not include Henderson, who made his season debut last weekend after finishing atop the conference standings last winter.
ON TO REGIONALS
• The Babson men and women have already assured themselves of a top five position in the league standings, which qualifies them for the USCSA Eastern Regional Championships at Sugarloaf Mountain on February 22-23.
• The Babson men are in a battle with Clarkson for second place behind Castleton, while the women's squad is hoping to hold off Brown for second place behind the Spartans.