Alpine Skiing at Proctor Ski Area
Saturday-Sunday, February 9-10 | 9:30 a.m.
• Babson's men's and women's alpine ski teams conclude their MacConnell Division regular season schedule with a pair of slalom races at Proctor Ski Area on Saturday and Sunday.
• The top five teams in the league standings following Sunday's race will qualify for the USCSA Eastern Regional Championships in two weeks.
LAST TIME AT PROCTOR
• Both the Babson men and women recorded a pair of second-place finishes in the slalom back on February 11, 2018.
• Junior Elizabeth Baer led the women's squad with first- and second-place results, classmate Jack Blanchard recorded victory in the opening race for the men, and fellow junior MacIntyre Henderson came in fourth and fifth in two races for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE BABSON MEN
• The Beavers have now won three of their last four races after posting back-to-back victories in the giant slalom at West Mountain last weekend.
• Henderson posted first- and second-place finishes, while Blanchard came in a spot behind him in both races. Junior Sean Robinson also recorded 10th and 13th-place showings for the Green and White.
• Henderson and Blanchard, who have both registered four straight podium finishes, rank first and second in the MacConnell Division standings, while Robinson enters the final weekend in 10th position.
SCOUTING THE BABSON WOMEN
• The Beavers backed up a third-place finish in last Saturday's race and followed it up with a runner-up showing in the GS on Sunday at West Mountain.
• Sophomore Sarah Mangiacotti and Baer came in fourth and fifth, respectively, in Sunday's race after recording a pair of top-10 results on Saturday. First-year Julia Martin also came in 10th in Sunday's competition.
• Mangiacotti enters the final weekend of the season ranked third in the MacConnell Division standings, Baer is just behind her in sixth position, while Martin and senior Olivia Burwell are 16th and 25th, respectively.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
• The Babson men head to Proctor with a one-point lead over second-place Castleton seeking their first league title since 1993. Six-time defending champion Clarkson enters the weekend three points behind the Spartans and four in back of the Beavers.
• On the women's side, Castleton has won all six races it has competed in and is currently seven points clear of Connecticut and nine ahead of Babson. Passing the Huskies would give the Green and White its third straight runner-up finish in the league standings.
INDIVIDUAL TITLE RACES UP FOR GRABS
• Henderson and Blanchard, who are separated atop the men's individual leaderboard by just 91 points, are seeking the Beavers' first individual title since Carter Dowd '16 finished first back in 2014.
• The duo also has a chance to give the Green and White its first one-two finish in program history.
• Baer needs to make up 31 points to become the first Babson female to record three consecutive top-five finishes in the league standings.
• Mangiacotti, who is just 25 points out of second place, is aiming to become the fourth Babson rookie to finish in the MacConnell Division's top five since 2014.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
• Both Babson's men and women have safely qualified for the USCSA Eastern Regional Championships, which will take place at Sugarloaf Mountain in Carrabassett Valley, Maine, on February 23-24.