Alpine Ski at West Mountain
Saturday-Sunday, February 2-3 | 9:30 a.m.
• The Babson men's and women's alpine ski teams travel to West Mountain for the fourth straight weekend of MacConnell Division competition on Saturday and Sunday. The Beavers and their league rivals will compete in two giant slalom races for the second weekend in a row.
LAST TIME AT WEST MOUNTAIN
• The Green and White finished second in the second in the women's slalom and third in the women's GS, while the men's squad posted a pair of third-place finishes at the USCSA Eastern Regional Championships at West Mountain on February 24-25, 2018.
• Junior Jack Blanchard won the slalom and classmate MacIntyre Henderson came in third in the GS to lead the Babson men, while fellow junior Elizabeth Baer finished third in the GS and seventh in the slalom to pace the women's team.
SCOUTING THE BABSON MEN
• The Beavers recorded their first win of the season and added a third-place finish in the GS at Whiteface Mountain last weekend.
• Blanchard and Henderson finished each posted a victory and a runner-up finish, while first-year Victor Wiacek came in fourth in the opening race of the weekend for the Green and White.
• Henderson owns five top-five results in six races and is first in the MacConnell Division standings, while Blanchard sits in fourth position thanks to four top-four finishes.
• Junior Sean Robinson has registered five top-15 results and sits in 11th place, while Wiacek and junior Eli Wolfson are 15th and 27th, respectively, in the standings.
SCOUTING THE BABSON WOMEN
• The Green and White bounced back from a fifth-place finish on Saturday to record its first victory of the season in Sunday's giant slalom.
• Sophomore Sarah Mangiacotti recorded her first individual victory on Sunday, Baer posted a pair of third-place results, and first-year Julia Martin came in seventh and eighth for Babson.
• Mangiacotti has registered two podium finishes and sits third in the league standings, while Baer owns four top-10 results and enters the weekend in sixth position.
• Martin is 17th in the league standings, while senior Olivia Burwell and first-year Kendall Sargis, who came in 26th on Sunday, are currently 30th and 45th, respectively.
PAST SUCCESS AT WEST
• Henderson placed second and third in two GS races and Blanchard won a pair of slalom events and finished sixth in 12th in the giant slalom at West Mountain last winter.
• Baer owns one victory and three podium finishes, and has never placed outside the top seven in seven career races at West Mountain.
DIVISION TITLE RACE HITS HOME STRETCH
• The Babson men are one of four teams to collect a win over the first six races of the season and are tied with Clarkson in second place just three points behind Castleton.
• On the women's side, Castleton has won all four races it has competed in. UConn is currently in second place three points ahead of the Beavers.