No. 19 Field Hockey at Wellesley
Tuesday, October 8 | 4 p.m.
Butler Stadium | Wellesley, Mass.
• Babson is 16-28-2 all-time against Wellesley in a series that dates back to 1984.
• The Beavers have won each of the last four meetings and eight of the last 12 contests between the teams going back to 2010.
• Ashley Tango '19 and senior Tori Roche scored three goals apiece as the Beavers defeated Wellesley, 8-0, on October 3, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Tango matched her career high with seven points and Lauren Drakeley '19 chipped in with three assists for Babson, which led 5-0 at halftime.
• Maggie Connelly and junior Janelle Sullivan combined to make seven saves for the Blue.
SCOUTING THE BLUE
• Wellesley (6-4, 2-1 NEWMAC) has won two straight games and is coming off a 3-2 OT victory at Clark on Saturday.
• Senior Hannah Maisano scored two goals 71 seconds apart in the second quarter and junior Carson Dennis notched the game-winning tally 3:28 into overtime for the Blue, who got three saves from Sullivan.
• Maisano (9-3-21) has produced three multi-goal games this fall, Dennis (5-7-17) leads the team in assists, and first-year Caitlin Campbell (5-2-12) has notched one game-winning tally.
• Sullivan has started all 10 games between the pipes and owns a 2.10 goals against average and a .620 save percentage to go along with two shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 19 Babson (8-3, 3-0 NEWMAC) has won three straight games and is coming off a 6-2 victory at Mount Holyoke on Saturday.
• Roche and sophomore Millie Brady each scored twice in the first half for the Beavers, who led 5-0 at halftime
• Roche (7-1-15) has four goals in three league contests, Brady (4-5-13) is tied for third in the conference in assists, and sophomore Lauren Curley (5-0-10) is tied for the NEWMAC lead with three game-winning markers.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley has started all 11 games for the Green and White and ranks second in the league in goals against average (0.85) and save percentage (.833), and is third in shutouts (3).
STREAKS ROLL ON
• Babson has won its last 29 NEWMAC regular season games, a streak that dates back to October 2015.
• The Beavers have won 16 consecutive conference road games.
• Roche has scored in 13 straight NEWMAC regular season games dating back to 2016.
• Riley has not allowed a goal in 174:30 going back to Babson's 1-0 loss at then-No. 5 Tufts on September 25.
BRADY'S BIG WEEK
• In addition to recorded the first two-goal game of her career on Saturday at Mount Holyoke, Brady recorded a career-high three assists in Thursday's 4-0 triumph at UMass Dartmouth.
END OF THE ROAD
• Tuesday's match at Wellesley wraps up a five-game road trip for the Green and White, which started at Tufts back on September 25.
• Babson has won three of the first four games of the road swing while outscoring its foes 14-3.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 7-1 this season when limiting their opponents to one goal or less.