No. 19 Field Hockey at Mount Holyoke
Saturday, October 5 | 2 p.m.
MHC Turf Field | South Hadley, Mass.
• Babson is 21-15-3 all-time against Mount Holyoke in a series that dates back to 1988.
• The Beavers have won four straight games in the series, and their 2017 win over the Lyons snapped a four-game losing streak in South Hadley.
• Senior Tori Roche scored twice while classmate Cate Diamond and junior Maddy Paro both contributed a goal and an assist as the Beavers defeated Mount Holyoke, 7-1, on September 29, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Lauren Curley also contributed a second-half goal for the Beavers, who built a 3-1 advantage less than 17 minutes into the contest.
• Kristina Ramsden scored for the Lyons, who got seven combined saves from senior Morgan Turner and junior Maddie Miller.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Mount Holyoke (4-5, 1-2 NEWMAC) defeated Springfield, 2-1, for its first conference win of the season on Tuesday.
• Sophomore Margaret Robb scored the second of her two goals with 9:27 to go in the fourth quarter for the Lyons, who got five saves from Turner in the victory.
• Sophomore Kass Lawrence (7-1-15) is tied for sixth in the league in points, Robb (5-4-14) is riding a five-game points streak, and junior Mirei Golding-Powers (2-5-9) leads the team in assists.
• Turner owns a 3.39 goals against average and a .714 save percentage in nine starts this fall.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 19 Babson (7-3, 2-0 NEWMAC) has won two straight games and is coming off a 4-0 victory at UMass Dartmouth on Thursday night.
• Seniors Kate Driscoll and Carla DiBiase, sophomore Quinn Greer and first-year Brianne McGrath all scored for the Beavers, who led 3-0 at halftime.
• Roche (5-1-11) has scored in each of the first two NEWMAC games, Curley (5-0-10) is tied for the NEWMAC lead with three game-winning goals, and sophomore Millie Brady (2-5-9) is first on the team in assists.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Cassidy Riley has started all 10 games and boasts a 0.92 goals against average, a .830 save percentage and three shutouts.
• The Beavers scored on three of their season-high 17 penalty corners in Thursday's win at UMass Dartmouth, with Brady achieving a new career by assisting on all three goals.
• Riley was selected as the NEWMAC Defensive Player of the Week for the third straight week on Monday after posting a 0.50 goals against average and a .875 save percentage in two starts.
• She enters Tuesday's contest ranked 22nd in Division III in both goals against average and save percentage.
ROCHE'S STREAK ROLLS ON
• With a goal in each of the first two league matches this season, Roche has now scored in 12 consecutive NEWMAC regular season games going back a win over Wheaton on October 17, 2017.
• She has scored 19 goals in all during the streak, which includes four game-winning tallies.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have outscored their opponents 11-2 in five road games this fall.