No. 5 Field Hockey vs. Bates
Wednesday, September 26 | 6:00 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Bates will meet for the 20th time in a series that dates back to 1987 on Wednesday night.
• The Beavers are 8-11 all-time against the Bobcats having dropped five straight in the series going back to 2013.
• Junior Kate Driscoll netted a goal in the 56th minute, but Grace Fitzgerald scored 4:25 into overtime as Bates defeated then-No. 2 Babson , 2-1, on October 10, 2017, at Campus Avenue Field in Lewiston, Maine.
• Senior Ashley Tango chipped in with an assist and goalkeeper Deirdre Barry logged two saves for the Beavers. Senior Taylor Lough added a goal for the Bobcats.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Morgan Lockwood '14 had a goal and an assist, while Kelly Walsh '13 and Caroline Malone '15 each scored once as Babson defeated Bates, 3-2, on September 23, 2012, in Babson Park.
SCOUTING THE BOBCATS
• Bates (1-5) got shutout in the second-half and fell 4-2 to then-12th-ranked Williams on Sunday afternoon.
• Lough and first-year Bridget Thompson both recorded a goal in the loss, while senior Adelae Durand and first-year Ellie Bauer split time in the goal and combined to turn away 12 shots for the Bobcats.
• Juniors Victoria McGee (3-2-8) and Grace Fitzgerald (3-1-7) have combined to score six goals, while Emma Patterson (2-3-7) leads the team in assists.
• Durand and Bauer have combined to post a 3.67 goals against average and a .607 save percentage over six games, four of which have come against ranked opponents.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 5 Babson (7-2) gave up a goal with 4:30 left in regulation to fall 2-1 to top-ranked Middlebury college on Sunday afternoon.
• Tango scored the lone goal for the Green and White, while first-year goalkeeper Cassidy Riley recorded six saves in the loss.
• Junior Tori Roche (11-4-26), senior Catherine Gilman (7-3-17), and junior Carla DiBiase (6-1-13) have each recorded two game-winning goals, while Tango (5-10-20) has recorded a point in eight of the last nine games.
• Riley has posted a 0.88 goals against average and a .795 save percentage with three shutouts in nine starts.
OLD BEAVER NEMISIS
• In addition to snapping Babson's school-record 13-game winning streak to open the season in 2015, Bates worked overtime to outlast the Green and White in both 2016 and 2017.
AMONG THE NATION'S BEST
• Tango is tied for second in Division III with 10 assists and ranks third in the country in assists per game (1.11).
• Roche is tied for 15th averaging 3.00 points per game, while Riley ranks 21st nationally in goals against average.
LIMITING OPPONENTS OFFENSE
• Babson, which has allowed just eight goals over its first nine games, is holding its foes to an average of just 3.33 shots on goal per outing.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 7-1 when leading at halftime and have outscored their foes 25-2 in the opening period.