Women's Basketball at Springfield
Saturday, January 11 |1 p.m.
Blake Arena | Springfield, Mass.
• Babson is 29-12 all-time against Springfield in a series that dates back to 1993.
• The Beavers won both meetings last season and have won six of the last seven games between the programs going back to 2016.
• Babson has been victorious in three of its last four trips to Blake Arena, which includes seven-point victories in both 2015 and 2018.
• Payton Ouimette '19 finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds and senior Katherine Tamulionis added 16 points and three assists to help the Beavers defeat Springfield, 70-57, on February 9, 2019, in Babson Park.
• Senior Emily Bonifacic chipped in with 11 points and three blocks for Babson, which shot 44.2 percent.
• Gracie Restituyo recorded a double-double with 18 points and 11 boards, while senior Emily Jacques scored 15 points to pace the Pride.
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
• Springfield (9-5) has won four straight games and six of its last seven overall after rallying past Smith, 54-50, on Wednesday.
• Senior Alex Goslin scored 14 of her game-high 18 points in the second half for the Pride, which rallied from a 13-point first-half deficit.
• Goslin (14.9 pts, 4.4 reb, 3.3 ast) leads the team in scoring, assists and steals, Jacques (13.6, 5.4 reb) has scored in double figures in five of the last seven games, and first-year Sam Hourihan (8.8 pts, 9.3 reb) has contributed three double-doubles over the last five contests.
• Springfield is holding foes to just 34.2 percent shooting and owns a +7.1 rebounding margin.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-5) has won two straight games after blowing past Clark, 77-38, on Wednesday night.
• Bonifacic recorded a double-double with 14 points and a career-high 20 rebounds and three other players scored in double figures for the Beavers, who broke the game open with a 27-4 third-quarter run.
• Bonifacic (16.3 pts, 9.7 reb) leads the squad with three double-doubles, first-year Megan Bauman (12.7 pts, 3.8 ast, 3.6 reb) is shooting 48.7 percent, and senior Katherine Tamulionis is contributing 10.2 points and 3.4 boards.
• Opponents are shooting just 33.9 percent against the Green and White, which boasts a +6.6 rebounding margin.
BLINSTRUB HITS MILESTONE
• Babson head coach Judy Blinstrub recorded her 650th career victory on Wednesday night against Clark.
• She now ranks fifth among Division III coaches and is 12th all-time on the Division III wins list.
PLAYING WITH PRIDE
• Babson's senior trio of Bonifacic, Tamulionis and Jacqueline Jozefick all played key roles in the team's regular season sweep of Springfield last season.
• Tamulionis scored a career-high 22 points in the Beavers' January win at Blake Arena and averaged 19.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists over the two victories.
• Bonifacic contributed 12.0 points and 7.0 boards, while Jozefick contributed 9.0 points on 58.3 percent shooting as well as 6.0 rebounds and no turnovers.
• The Beavers' subs scored a season-high 36 points in Wednesday's win over Clark and have now put up 57 points over the last two contests.
• Junior Katie Jones hit a season-high three three-pointers and scored 11 points, while first-year Samantha Smith added career highs of 10 points and nine rebounds in the victory.
• Fellow rookie Caroline Clark chipped in with a career-high six points and classmate Jade Perry pulled down a career-best seven boards, which includes five on the offensive end.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 6-1 this season and have gone 28-2 since the start of last year when outrebounding their opponents.