Women's Basketball vs. Clark
Wednesday, January 8 | 7 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 28-22 all-time against Clark in a series that dates back to the 1976-77 campaign.
• The Beavers have won 17 of their last 18 against the Cougars, which includes eight straight victories going back to 2015.
• Babson has won its last 10 games against Clark inside Staake Gymnasium, a streak that dates back to 2009.
• Payton Ouimette '19 finished with 20 points, 22 rebounds and five assists to help Babson defeat Clark, 75-67, on January 5, 2019, in Worcester, Mass.
• Téa Spellacy '19 scored 12 of her 16 points in the fourth quarter and senior Emily Bonifacic added 14 points on 6-of-7 shooting for the Beavers.
• Sam O'Gara poured in 29 points on 12-of-19 shooting for the Cougars.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
• Clark (4-9) has dropped has dropped five of its last six games after suffering a 78-60 loss to Bridgewater State on Saturday.
• Sophomore Emily Sifferlen finished with 27 points and junior Hannah Favaloro added 14 points for the Cougars, who shot 34.5 percent and committed 25 turnovers.
• Sifferlen (16.2 pts, 4.2 reb) is averaging 27.7 points over the last three games, Favaloro (13.7 pts, 10.2 reb) has posted six double-doubles, and sophomore Ginny Benbow is averaging 11.0 points and 2.2 assists.
• Clark is attempted 20.9 free throws per game and forcing 23.3 turnovers over its first 13 contests.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (5-5) has won two of its last three games and is coming off a 67-56 victory over Connecticut College on Sunday.
• First-year Megan Bauman recorded season highs of 19 points and seven rebounds and senior Jacqueline Jozefick posted a double-double with 14 points and 10 boards for the Beavers, who closed the game on a 12-3 run.
• Bonifacic (16.5 pts, 8.7 reb) is shooting 53.2 percent from the floor, Bauman (13.0 pts, 3.9 reb, 3.9 ast) has scored in double figures in seven consecutive games, and senior Katherine Tamulionis is averaging 10.5 points and 2.8 assists.
• The Green and White is holding opponents to 35.6 percent shooting over the first 10 games.
THROWING IT BACK TO THE '70s
• As part of the College's Centennial Celebration, the Beavers will wear their green throwback uniforms as part of Wednesday's men's and women's "Throwback Night" doubleheader.
• The uniforms were inspired by those worn in the program's first season of 1974-75.
MONEY AT THE LINE
• Bauman enters Wednesday's contest ranked second in Division III shooting 96.9 percent at the free throw line.
• After missing the attempt of her career against Western New England on November 17, she has made her last 31 free throws, which includes a 12-of-12 effort in Sunday's win over Connecticut College.
• As a team, the Beavers went 27-of-34 at the charity stripe against the Camels recording their most made free throws and attempts since 2015.
PREYING ON THE COUGARS
• Tamulionis has averaged 11.0 points on 54.2 percent shooting to go along with 3.0 in three games against Clark since 2017, while Bonifacic has also put up 11.0 points on 51.9 percent shooting to go along with 5.0 boards during the same span.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 43-7 since the start of the 2017-18 season when forcing 18 or more turnovers.