Women's Basketball vs. Mount Holyoke
Saturday, January 26 | 12 p.m.
Babson Park, Mass. | Staake Gymnasium
• Babson and Mount Holyoke will meet for the 47th time on Saturday afternoon in a series that dates back to the 1981-82 season. The Beavers are 39-7 all-time against the Lyons and have won 19 straight in the series going back to 2009.
• Sophomore Katie Jones paced a balanced attack with a game-high 14 points as visiting Babson defeated Mount Holyoke, 91-27, on January 27, 2018, in South Hadley, Mass.
• Senior Katherine Tamulionis added 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting to go along with four assists for the Beavers, who got at least six points from nine different players. Sophomore Raquel Fitzpatrick led the Lyons with 12 points on 5-of-10 shooting.
LAST MOUNT HOLYOKE WIN
• Joeanna Silva poured in a game-high 31 points and pulled down 12 rebounds as the Lyons rallied from a 10-point deficit to defeat Babson, 73-71, in double overtime, in a NEWMAC Tournament semifinal on February 24, 2007, in Worcester, Mass.
• Suzy Ward '07 had 22 points and a game-high 15 rebounds for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Mount Holyoke (1-17, 0-9 NEWMAC) fell to Springfield, 75-22, on Tuesday inside Howard Gymnasium.
• Junior Katlyn Grover scored a team-high nine points and grabbed five rebounds, while sophomore Grace Ann Woods added five points and three assists in the loss.
• Sophomore Annika Brooks (12.4 pts, 9.9 reb) is leading the team in points and rebounds and has recorded five double-doubles, senior Leah Hodges is averaging 7.4 points and 4.8 boards, and Grover (6.7 pts) has made a team-high 22 three-pointers.
• Mount Holyoke has dropped 64 straight NEWMAC games going back to January 2015.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (15-2, 9-1 NEWMAC) extended its winning streak to 13 games with a 55-53 victory over MIT on Wednesday inside Staake Gymnasium.
• Tamulionis scored a game-high 17 points and senior Payton Ouimette finished with 14 points and nine rebounds for the Beavers, who built a 17-point lead late in the third quarter.
• Ouimette (14.5 pts, 12.1 reb) leads the NEWMAC in rebounding and is fourth in scoring, junior Emily Bonifacic (11.2 pts, 6.5 reb) ranks fourth in the conference shooting 53.1 percent, and Tamulionis (11.8 pts, 3.0 reb) is averaging 20.0 points over the last three games.
• The Green and White ranks 13th in Division III in rebounding margin (+11.5) and is first in the NEWMAC and 48th nationally in scoring offense (72.6 points).
• With its victory on Wednesday, Babson's 13-game winning streak is now tied with the 2015-16 squad for the fifth longest run in program history.
• The Beavers' longest winning streak came in 2010-11 when they opened the season with 30 straight victories before falling to Amherst in the Elite 8.
• Under the direction of head coach Judy Blinstrub, the Green and White also won 20 in a row in 2010, 18 straight games in 2012 and enjoyed a 15-game winning streak during the 1993-94 campaign.
SUCCESS AGAINST THE LYONS
• Senior Bianca Tomassini has twice scored 21 points on 9-of-12 shooting against Mount Holyoke and in six career games against the Lyons has averaged 11.5 points on 63 percent shooting.
• Jones averaged 15.0 points on 55.6 percent shooting in two games last winter, while fellow sophomore Shaye Galletta produced her first career double-double with 11 points and 13 rebounds in a 103-22 victory over Mount Holyoke on January 6, 2018.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 8-0 on the year and have gone 52-7 since 2015 when forcing 18 or more turnovers.