Women's Basketball at Wheaton
Wednesday, December 5 | 7 p.m.
Emerson Gymnasium | Norton, Mass.
• Babson and Wheaton will meet for the 62nd time on Wednesday night in a series that dates back to the 1977-78 season. The Beavers are 45-16 all-time against the Lyons and have won the last six contests between the teams.
• Senior Elizabeth Lane scored all of her game-high 12 points in the first quarter and visiting Babson raced out to a 24-point halftime lead on the way to defeating Wheaton, 77-43, on January 31st, 2018, at Emerson Gymnasium.
• Junior Emily Bonifacic had 11 points and six rebounds, while seniors Katherine Tamulionis and Bianca Tomassini each added 10 for the Beavers.
LAST WHEATON WIN
• Abbie Brickley poured in 31 points and the Lyons finished 13-of-26 from three-point range to edge the Beavers, 77-72, on February 21, 2015, in Babson Park.
• Rebecca Arnone scored 14 points and Shoemaker recorded a school-record 10 blocks for Wheaton, while Erin Young '15 made five three-pointers and scored 18 points to lead the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (3-3, 1-1 NEWMAC) was downed by Coast Guard, 89-60, on Saturday in New London, Conn.
• Sophomore Mikayla Pucci scored a game-high 22 points and also pulled down a team-high eight rebounds for the Lyons, who finished 1-of-15 from three-point range.
• Pucci (15.3 pts, 6.3 reb) ranks third in the NEWMAC in scoring, junior Sara McLeman (8.7 pts, 5.7 reb) is shooting 51.3 percent from the floor and senior Abby Hamilton (8.3 pts, 4.8 ast) is leading the team in assists.
• Wheaton is shooting 40.3 percent over its first six games, but has committed 20 or more turnovers in two of its three losses.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-2, 1-1 NEWMAC) is looking to keep the momentum after a, 66-59, victory over Brandeis on Monday night in Staake Gymnasium.
• Tamulionis finished with 14 points, six rebounds, three assists and two steals, while Senior Tea Spellacy scored nine of her 11 points in the second half to lead the Beavers, who closed the game with a 7-0 run.
• Senior Payton Ouimette (13.0 pts, 12.0 reb) is leads the NEWMAC in rebounds, Tamulionis (11.6 pts, 1.8 ast) is shooting 42.6 percent from the field, and Spellacy (7.6 pts, 3.2 reb) has made six three-pointers over the last two games.
• The Green and White is allowing just 8.6 offensive rebounds per game over its first five outings.
SUCCESS IN THE LYONS' DEN
• The Beavers have won each of their last nine trips to Wheaton going back to 2009 with seven of the victories coming by double-digits.
• Tamulionis has averaged 12.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in two games at Wheaton over the last two seasons.
ICE IN THE VEINS
• In its three wins this season, all of which have come by 10 points or less, the Green and White is shooting 77.8 percent (14-of-18) at the free throw line in the fourth quarter.
• The Beavers went 6-of-6 down the stretch in Monday's win over Brandeis, which includes a 4-of-4 effort by Tamulionis over the final 13 seconds.
• The Green and White pulled down a season-high 22 offensive rebounds in Monday's win against Brandeis, which came into the game with a +12.8 rebounding margin.
• Babson got at least seven points from seven different players in Monday's victory.
INSIDE THE NUMERS
• The Beavers are 17-1 in their last 18 NEWMAC road games going back to January 20, 2016.