Women's Basketball vs. Smith
Saturday, December 1 | 12 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Smith will meet for the 51st time on Saturday in a series that dates back to the 1982-83 season. The Beavers are 39-11 all-time against the Pioneers but had their seven-game winning streak in the series snapped in an OT loss last year.
• Senior Kennedy Guest-Pritchett finished with 27 points and 19 rebounds and Meghan Holland drained a pair of three-pointers in the extra session to help Smith defeat Babson in OT, 83-73, on January 9, 2018, in Northampton, Mass.
• Senior Lauren Bondi went 14-of-14 at the charity stripe and added 25 points for the Pioneers. Senior Payton Ouimette led four players in double figures with 18 points and 17 boards for the Beavers.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Giovanna Pickering '17 scored a career-high 35 points and the Beavers built a 17-point halftime lead on its way to defeating Smith, 83-59, in a NEWMAC Tournament semifinals on February 25, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Taylor Russell '17 added 13 points and Jennifer Narlee '17 pulled down a game-high 16 rebounds for Babson. Paige Marquez led the Pioneers with 19 points.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
• Smith (4-2, 0-1 NEWMAC) has dropped two straight games after suffering a 59-52 loss to Springfield in its league opener on Wednesday.
• Guest-Pritchett finished with 19 points, 15 rebounds and four assists for the Pioneers, who shot just 25 percent in the second half after building a 35-27 lead at the break.
• Bondi (16.5 pts, 3.3 ast) is shooting 43.9 percent from three-point range, Guest Pritchett (12.3 pts, 11.7 reb) has posted three double-doubles and senior Katy McClellan (11.3 pts, 7.5 reb) is shooting 50 percent from the field.
• Smith boasts a +11.3 rebounding margin over its first six outings.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-1, 1-0 NEWMAC) has won two straight after picking up a 76-71 victory at MIT in its conference opener on Wednesday.
• Ouimette finished with 22 points and 11 rebounds, junior Katherine Tamulionis scored 15 points and senior Téa Spellacy added 12 points for the Beavers, who led by as many as 17 in the third quarter.
• Ouimette (17.3 pts, 14.7 reb) ranks fifth in Division III in rebounding, Tamulionis (12.0 pts, 1.7 ast) is shooting 48.3 percent from the field, and junior Emily Bonifacic is averaging 8.0 point and 4.3 boards.
• The Green and White has allowed just 9.3 offensive rebounds per game over its first three contests.
BUSY STRETCH AHEAD
• After playing just three games between November 17-28, the Beavers will start a stretch of four games in eight days on Saturday. In addition to hosting Smith, Babson will welcome Brandeis and Coast Guard to Staake Gymnasium to go along with a trip to Wheaton.
FINDING THE RANGE
• The Green and White shot 48.4 percent in Wednesday's win at MIT, which is good for its highest shooting percentage since connecting on 53.4 percent from the floor in a 91-27 victory at Mount Holyoke last January.
FINISHING AT THE RIM
• Babson scored a season-high 44 points in the paint at MIT on Wednesday and is averaging 35.3 points in the point over its first three games.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 20-3 since the start of last season when carrying a lead into the fourth quarter.