Cross Country at the Connecticut College Invitational
Saturday, October 13 | 11 a.m. (W)/12 p.m. (M)
Harkness Park | Waterford, Conn.
• The Babson men's and women's cross country teams will return to competition for the first time since September 29 when it competes at the Connecticut College Invitational on Saturday. The women's 6k race is set for 12 p.m and will be followed by the men's 8k race at 12 p.m.
LAST TIME AT HARKNESS PARK
• Senior Matthew Dynan came in eighth overall with a time of 25:38 to help the Babson men come in eighth, while junior Stephanie Rodriguez posted a time of 24:14 as the women's squad placed 18th at the Connecticut College Invitational on October 14, 2017, at Harkness Park.
• Rensselaer came in first on the men's side by 22 points and Middlebury posted a 12-point victory in the women's meet.
SCOUTING THE BABSON WOMEN
• The Beavers came in ninth in an 18-team field at the Maine State Invitational 6k at Bowdoin on September 29.
• Rodriguez was the team's top finisher (42nd) with a time of 24:15, sophomore Emma Cavanaugh came in 72nd with a time of 25:03, and first-year Hannah Piispanen crossed the finish line in 25:09 to finish three spots behind her.
• Senior Chaela Hood (25:26), first-year Vivian Lehman (25:39) and sophomore Camille Lewis (25:42) also placed in the top 100 for the Green and White, which was competing in the first of three 6k meets this fall.
• Senior Emily MacDonald and sophomore Caroline Winicki both made their season debuts at Bowdoin.
SCOUTING THE BABSON MEN
• The Green and White came in eighth overall out of 19 teams at the 8k Maine State Invitational hosted by Bowdoin on September 29.
• Dynan (26:53) and junior exchange student Nando Baumann (26:54) came in 32nd and 33rd, respectively, while junior Samir Arora came in 50th with a personal best time of 27:31 for the Beavers.
• Dynan and junior Nicholas Virkler both made their season debuts for the Green and White at Bowdoin.
• Baumann owns an average time of 27:01 in two races this fall, first-year Colin Regan is second on the team at 27:44 and sophomore Zach Goldberg has posted an average time of 28:00 over the first three meets.
RUNNING INTO THE HISTORY BOOKS
• Dynan crossed the finish line with a time of 25:38 in the 8k in both 2016 and 2017 to become the only male harrier in Babson history to break the 26-minute mark in the 8k at Harkness Park.
• Rodriguez's time of 24:14 in the women's 6k was the fourth fastest time at Harkness Park by a Babson female.
• The Connecticut College Invitational will once again feature strong fields that are highlighted by five nationally-ranked programs competing on the men's side and seven on the women's side.
• Williams, Dickinson and St. Thomas (Minn.) are all ranked in both the men's and women's polls, while the Coast Guard women (29th) are the highest ranked NEWMAC squad competing in either meet.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
• Following a weekend off, Babson will begin the postseason when it travels to Smith to compete in the NEWMAC Championships on October 27.