Men's Swimming & Diving at Springfield
Sunday, November 11 | 1 p.m.
Art Linkletter Natatorium| Springfield, Mass.
• The Babson men will begin a busy weekend by taking on Norwich and Regis at home on Saturday, which is followed by a trip to Springfield to face the Pride in a dual meet on Sunday afternoon.
• Babson and Springfield will meet for the 19th year in a row on Sunday in a series that dates back to 2001. The Beavers are 5-13 all-time in dual meet competition against the Pride but have won each of the last two meets between the programs.
• Mitchell Posk '18 and junior Alex Damiecki bith won two individual events and helped the Beavers take first in both relays in a 172-121 win over Springfield inside Morse Pool on January 7, 2018.
• Junior Jack Lucero won the 100 free, 200 butterfly and 500 free, while senior Kenneth Mun came in first in the 100 breaststroke for the Green and White.
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
• Springfield (0-1) dropped its season opener to Coast Guard back on October 27.
• Valmore Stewart came in first on both the 1- and 3-meter diving boards, just ahead of teammate Luca Brashear.
• Erik Jenson came in second in the 200 free and fourth in the 500 free, Sam Harnish finished fourth in the 100 backstroke, and Sean Mitchell added a fourth-place showing in the 100 free.
• Springfield finished fifth, one spot ahead of Babson, at the 2018 NEWMAC Championships.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-1) split a double dual meet at WPI last Friday, posting a 139.50-122.50 victory over Brandeis and dropping a 162-116 decision to the host Engineers.
• Damiecki and first-year Aaron Huynh both recorded multiple victories for the Green and White. Damiecki was first in the 100 and 200 butterfly events, while Huynh outpaced the field in both the 100 free and 200 free.
• Sophomore Taras Polakoff came in second in both the 100 and 200 backstroke, Lucero was the runner-up in the 500 free and first-year Walter Lehneis recorded a trio of top-three finishes.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
• Following this weekend's dual meets, the Beavers will travel to Clark next Saturday for a dual meet beginning at 10 a.m.