Men's Lacrosse vs Wheaton
Wednesday, April 17 | 7 p.m.
MacDowell Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Wheaton will meet for the 35th time on Wednesday in a series that dates back to the 1992 campaign.
• The Beavers are 25-9 all-time against the Lyons and have won 10of the last 11 meetings between the two teams going back to 2011.
• Twelve different players scored as visiting Babson defeated Wheaton, 16-6, in NEWMAC men's lacrosse action on April 18, 2018, at Nordin Field.
• Austin Fabel '18 recorded a team-high three goals, senior Brendan Duffy, who finished with three assists, and sophomore Will Messner scored two each, and junior Thomas Calvert caused four turnovers for the Beavers. Senior Matt Morgan and sophomore Tyler Brown-Ortiz both scored twice for the Lyons.
LAST WHEATON WIN
• Charlie Willauer scored the go-ahead goal with 8:24 left in the fourth quarter and Matthew Hillman tacked on an insurance tally with 52 seconds left as the second-seeded Lyons topped third-seeded Babson, 7-5, to reach the Pilgrim League championship game on May 2, 2012 in Norton, Mass.
• Alex Patinkin '13 had three goals to lead the Beavers, who held a 2-0 lead after the first quarter.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (6-5, 0-3 NEWMAC) has dropped two straight games after falling to Clark, 19-1, on Saturday.
• Senior CJ Leighton scored the lone goal for the Lyons, sophomore Troy Silney picked-up a team-high four ground balls and junior goalkeeper Chandler Miller stopped 12 shots in the loss.
• Leighton (22-14-26) and first-year Pete Chisholm (26-6-32) have registered five man-up goals apiece, Silney has picked up 79 ground balls while winning 56.1 percent of his faceoffs, and senior James Marcucella has caused a team-high 18 turnovers.
• Miller has a 13.48 goals against average to go along with a .518 save percentage in 11 starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (7-5, 3-0 NEWMAC) has won two straight games and is coming off a 17-5 victory at Emerson on Saturday to remain unbeaten in league play.
• Senior Samuel Mishkind finished with seven goals, junior Owen Allen had three goals to go along with two assists, senior Niall Dillon scored three times, and first-year Jack Gregory won 9-of-18 face-offs for the Beavers.
• Mishkind (35-9-44) and Dillon (19-14-33) have combined to score 13 man-up goals, Allen (20-9-29) has scored in seven-straight games, and sophomore Jack Tague has picked up 30 ground balls to go along with a team-high 19 caused turnovers.
• Aranalde has a 9.51 goals against average to go along with a .556 save percentage in 12 starts.
THE SETUP MAN
• First-year Ryan Donovan dished out a season-high four assists in Babson's win at Emerson on Saturday.
• The Beavers have allowed more than eight goals just once over their last six games and are giving up just 6.50 goals per game during this stretch.
• The Green and White has conceded 12 goals in its first three NEWMAC outings, just five of which have come in the first half.
MISHKIND JOINS ELITE COMPANY
• Thanks to Saturday's seven-goal outburst, Mishkind is now one of just four players in program history to surpass the 40-point mark in three separate seasons. The others are Babson Hall of Famers Chris Grant '81, and Jay Conroy '81, as well as the school's all-time leading scorer, Alex Patinkin '13.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have assisted on 54 of 80 goals (67.5 percent) over the last six games.