Men's Lacrosse in Florida
Tuesday, March 19 vs. Vassar, 6:30 p.m. | University of Tampa
Thursday, March 21 vs. Clarkson, 1 p.m. | Nova Southeastern University School
• Babson will be meeting both Vassar and Clarkson for the first time in program history this week.
SCOUTING THE BREWERS
• Vassar (2-4) dropped its first conference game of the year when it fell to No. 20 St. Lawrence 16-5 on Saturday afternoon.
• Junior Nick Diamond led the Brewers with two points off a goal and an assist, classmates Kyle Cherry, and Michael Mullen, along with sophomores Michael Killion and Tomas Meade each chipped in with a one goal apiece, while junior Matthew Lowery won 12-of-23 face-offs in addition to picking up six ground balls.
• Mullen (11-4-15) has recorded both a man-up and man-down goal, Meade (5-5-10) and Connor Deehan (4-6-10) have combined to pick up ten ground balls, and Lowery has won 48-of-68 (.706) face-offs and leads the team with 32 ground balls.
• Seniors Matt Boyd and Erik Mike Linich have split time in net combining for a 10.55 goals against average to go along with a .482 save percentage
SCOUTING THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS
• Clarkson (4-1) is 2-0 on the road after defeating SUNY Geneseo 11-4 on Friday afternoon.
• Senior Shane Kilday recorded three goals, junior Conor Bartlett found the back of the net twice, and sophomore Riley Holzman won 12-of-18 face-offs.
• Vartlett (12-8-20) has recorded two man-up goals, junior Pierce Currie (12-5-17) has caused two turnovers is credited with one man-up goal, classmate Evan Burgett (9-4-13) has caused for turnovers, and Holzman has won 44-of-85 face-offs.
• Kevin Dyckman has a 7.11 goals against average and a .568 save percentage in five starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-4) picked up its fourth-straight loss on Wednesday afternoon falling to Bowdoin 19-8.
• Sophomore Alex Lesher scored three times, senior Samuel Mishkind notched the 100th goal of his career and tacked on an assist, and the duo of junior Tyler Patterson and sophomore Jack Tague combined to scoop up 17 ground balls while causing nine turnovers for the Beavers.
• Mishkind (12-3-15) leads the team with four man-up goals, senior Niall Dillon (5-7-12) leads the team in assists, and sophomore Owen Allen has contributed eight goals and nine points.
• Tague leads the team with 21 ground balls and 10 caused turnovers, while junior Christopher Arnanalde has an 11.65 goals against average with a .513 save percentage.
SAYING SO LONG TO THE LIBERTY LEAGUE
• Vassar and Clarkson will be the fourth and fifth opponents Babson has faced this spring from the Liberty League. The Beavers are currently 1-2 with a win over Skidmore and losses to nationally-ranked Rensselaer and Union.
• Sophomores John Calicchio (Gulfstream) and Ethan Carpenter (Orlando) and first-years Hutch Torregrosa (Fort Lauderdale) and Drew Thomas (Jacksonville Beach) will all return to their home state to play for the first time during their collegiate careers this week.
FACEOFF IN FOCUS
• In its two wins the Green and White won 60.5 percent of its face-offs, but in its four losses its winning percentage has slipped to just 36.7 percent.
• Vassar enters Tuesday's game having won 59.2 percent of its face-offs, while Clarkson owns a 50.4 winning percentage entering the week.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have scored at least one man-up goal in seven consecutive games going back to the end of last season.