Men's Lacrosse at No. 18 Rensselaer
Saturday, March 10 | 2 p.m.
East Campus Stadium | Troy, N.Y.
Babson and Rensselaer will meet for the third season in a row on Saturday afternoon. The Engineers hold a 2-0 lead in the all-time series.
• Senior Cliff Kigar led all players in scoring with two goals and three assists to help Rensselaer defeat Babson, 8-4, on March 10, 2018, at MacDowell Field.
• Junior Owen Putman added a goal and an assist for the Engineers, while Austin Fabel '18, Taylor Segreti '18, senior Samuel Mishkind and junior Owen Allen each contributed a goal for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• No. 18 Rensselaer (3-0) defeated MIT 16-6 to win its third-straight game last Saturday.
• First-year Cooper Urban recorded a game-high five goals, senior JT Kelly chipped in with six assists, and sophomore goalie Brian Doughty made nine saves for the Engineers, who led 9-0 at halftime.
• Kelly (7-9-16) and Putman (7-7-14) have both scored a pair of man-up goals, Urban (9-5-14) has reocrded three straight multi-point games, and Tyler Hancock has won 28-of-56 face-offs while scooping up 15 ground balls.
• Senior Keaton Ackermann leads the squad with seven caused turnovers, while Doughty and first-year Kyle Botsford have combined to post a 7.66 goals against average and a .593 save percentage in three games.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (2-2) has dropped two straight games after falling at Union, 17-5, last Saturday.
• Mishkind, senior Eric Torbett, juniors Troy Nanfelt and Thomas Jung, and sophomore Alex Lesher each had a goal, while senior Niall Dillon dished out two assists for the Beavers.
• Mishkind (10-2-12) has recorded three man-up goals, Dillon (4-6-10) leads the team in assists, Allen (7-0-7) has registered a pair of multi-goal games, and first-year Jack Gregory has won 48.7 percent of his face-offs.
• Sophomores Quinn Schomp and John Antaya have both scooped up 11 ground balls, classmate Jack Tague has caused a team-high five turnovers, and junior Christopher Aranalde has posted a 9.57 goals against to go along with a .571 save percentage in four starts.
NEWMAC-LIBERTY LEAGUE CROSSOVER
• The Beavers will play the third of five games against Liberty League opponents when it meets Rensselaer on Saturday. Babson has already defeated Skidmore in addition to losing at Union, and will take on Vassar and Clarkson in Florida on March 19 and 21, respectively.
• The Engineers are 2-0 this season against NEWMAC opponents with victories over Coast Guard and MIT.
CENTURY MARK IN HIS SIGHTS
• Mishkind enters Saturday's contest with 98 career goals and needs just two to become the eighth player in program history to reach 100 for his career. The last to achieve the feat for the Beavers was Spencer Low '16, who is fifth on the list with 120 goals.
NEW YORK STATE OF MIND
• The Green and White is traveling to the Albany area for the second Saturday in a row and will face a team from New York state for the third time in five contests.
MAN-DOWN UNIT LOCKING DOWN OPPONENTS
• Entering Saturday's contest, Babson ranks 20th in Division III have allowed its opponent to score on just 7.1 percent (1-of-14) of its extra-man opportunities over its first four outings.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have converted 89.7 percent (78-of-87) of its clearing opportunities on the year.