Men's Ice Hockey at Tufts
Tuesday, November 26 | 7 p.m.
Valley Forum II | Malden, Mass.
• Babson is 15-2-0 all-time against Tufts in a series that dates back to the 1991-92 campaign.
• The Beavers have won three consecutive games against the Jumbos, although Tuesday's contest will be just the third between the programs since 2011.
• Senior Ryan McDougall, classmate Connor Dahlman and sophomore Matt Wiesner all scored in the second period as the Beavers defeated Tufts, 4-1, on November 20, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Tommy Munichiello '19 added a late empty net goal and junior Patrick Flynn chipped in with two assists for Babson, which got 25 saves from Bryan Botcher '19.
• Sophomore Justin Brandt had goal and junior netminder Drew Hotte stopped 27 shots for the Jumbos.
SCOUTING THE JUMBOS
• Tufts (0-4-0) has dropped back-to-back one-goal games after falling 2-1 to Williams on Saturday.
• Junior Mason Babbidge scored on the power play late in the second period for the Jumbos, who got 38 saves from sophomore goaltender Josh Sarlo.
• Brandt (2-0-2), junior Charley Borek (1-1-2) and senior Cooper Stahl (0-2-2) have combined for three goals and three assists as 11 different players have recorded at least one point through four games.
• Sarlo has started three of four contests posting a 2.70 goals against average and a .920 save percentage in between the pipes.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (3-3-0) stopped a two-game skid with a 3-2 OT win at Castleton on Saturday.
• McDougall and sophomores Mike Egan and Trevor Marcinick each scored once for the Beavers, who got the game winner from Egan with 29 seconds left in the extra session.
• Egan (3-3-6) and Flynn (1-4-5) have both scored once on the power play, sophomore Ryan Black (1-4-5) is tied for the team lead in assists, and junior Nick Rosa (3-1-4) has produced a point in four straight games.
• Murphy is 3-0-0 with a 1.63 goals against average and a .938 save percentage in three starts, while junior Brad Arvanitis has gone 0-2-2 with a 3.05 goals against average and a .887 save percentage in two starts.
THE SETUP MEN
• Dahlman and Flynn had a hand in all three goals and recorded two assists apiece in Saturday's victory at Castleton.
• The duo has combined for seven assists over Babson's first six games this season.
COMING UP BIG AGAINST THE JUMBOS
• Dahlman has scored in both games and Rosa has produced an assist in each of Babson's wins against Tufts over the last two years.
• Flynn and sophomore Cole Sanderson both chipped in with two assists in last year's victory over the Jumbos.
RICE TOPS WINS LIST
• Beavers' head coach Jamie Rice '90 passed Steve Stirling, who led the program from 1978-83 and 1985-93, for the most wins in school history with the 247th of his career on Saturday at Castleton.
• Rice has guided the Green and White to at least 15 victories in seven consecutive seasons and 11 times in all going back to the 2004-05 campaign.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have successfully killed off 17 of 19 penalties through their first six games.