Men's Ice Hockey vs. Skidmore
Friday, November 30 | 7 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Skidmore will meet for the 39th time on Friday night in a series that dates back to 1999. The Beavers are 31-6-1 all-time against the Thoroughbreds and have won 14 straight games in the series.
• Senior Matt Brazel scored at 10:26 of the second overtime to lift the Beavers to a 3-2 win over Skidmore in an NEHC Tournament quarterfinal on February 17, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Senior Tommy Munichiello scored on the power play in the first period and Zach Phelps '18 tied the game in the third period for the Beavers. Senior Corey Morgan and junior Tim Allen both scored for the Thoroughbreds.
LAST SKIDMORE WIN
• Dave Dupuis scored on a power play 3:45 into the second period and Brad Schuler added his ninth goal of the season just over seven minutes later as the Thoroughbreds shut out Babson, 3-0, on February 2, 2013, in Saratoga Springs.
• Ben Freiberg made 21 saves for Skidmore, while Zeke Testa '13 stopped 17 shots for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE THOROUGHBREDS
• Skidmore (4-3-1, 2-1-1 NEHC) had its three-game winning streak halted with a 3-2 loss to No. 8/6 Salve Regina last Sunday.
• Matt Muzyka scored twice and tied the game 4:17 into the third period for the Thoroughbreds, who got 31 saves from Brandon Kasel.
• Muzyka (6-4-10) has scored three times on the power play, sophomore Brandon Borges (3-7-10) leads the team in assists and junior Owen Campbell (2-4-6) is one of four players with a game-winning goal this season.
• Kasel has started seven of eight games posting a 2.29 goals against average and a .920 save percentage in between the pipes.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (7-2-1, 5-0-1 NEHC) is looking to snap a two-game skid after falling to Amherst, 3-2, on Sunday.
• Senior Stevie DeForge and sophomore Christian Faggas each had a goal for the Beavers, who got two assists from Brazel.
• Sophomore Nick Rosa (7-6-13) is tied for second in the league in scoring, first-year Mike Egan (3-8-11) leads the team in assists and classmate Matt Wiesner (8-2-10) is tied for first in the NEHC in goals.
• Senior goaltenders Bryan Botcher and Matt Pompa have each started five games and have combined to post a 2.08 goals against average and a .932 save percentage.
THE LONGEST NIGHT
• Brazel's game-winning goal midway through the second OT in last February's conference tournament win over Skidmore ended the Beavers' longest game since 1986.
• The teams combined for 92 shots in 90:26 of game time that took three hours and 21 minutes to play.
PRODUCING AGAINST THE THOROUGHBREDS
• Munichiello has three goals and five assists for eight points in eight career games against Skidmore.
• The duo of Botcher and Pompa is 7-0-0 with a 0.93 goals against average and a .970 save percentage since 2016 against Skidmore.
HERE TODAY, GONE TOMORROW
• The Green and White, which has played seven of its first 10 games at home, will enter its mid-season break following this weekend's contests against Skidmore and Hobart.
• Coming out of the break, the Beavers will hit the road for seven consecutive games beginning with a trip to Milwaukee and Chicago on December 29-30. The team will not return to the Babson Skating Center until January 25 against Johnson & Wales.
SUPPORTING ONE OF ITS OWN
• The men's ice hockey program will be selling t-shirts at both home games this weekend in support of alumnus Ryan Dyment '99, who passed away in October. All proceeds from the sales will go to the Dyment family.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• Over their last four NEHC games, the Beavers have outscored the opposition 8-0 in the third period.