No. 13/11 Men's Ice Hockey vs. Amherst
Sunday, November 25 | 3 p.m.
Babson Skating Center | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Amherst will meet for the 43rd time on Sunday in a series that dates back to the 1972-73 campaign. The Beavers are 24-15-3 all-time against the Mammoths but have dropped three of their last four in the series.
• Senior John Festa and juniors Joey Lupo and Patrick Daly all scored once as Amherst defeated the Beavers, 3-1, on January 23, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Bobby Hall '18 had a goal and Zach Phelps '18 and sophomore Patrick Flynn both registered an assist for the Beavers, who led 1-0 after the first period.
LAST BABSON WIN
• Bill Seligman '17 and Tim Searles '17 each had a goal and an assist as the Beavers defeated Amherst, 4-2, on January 2, 2016, in Salem, Mass.
• Joe DePietto '18 and Rob Devaney '18 also scored for the Beavers, who built a three-goal second-period lead.
SCOUTING THE MAMMOTHS
• Amherst (1-2-0) is looking to rebound from a 4-1 loss to fourth-ranked Geneseo on Saturday afternoon.
• Junior Mark Esposito scored midway through the second period for the Mammoths, who were outshot 36-18 by the Knights.
• Sophomore Nick Bondra (0-4-4) leads the team in assists, while the duo of senior Phil Johansson (2-1-3) and Daly (2-0-2) have combined to score three times on the power play.
• Junior Giancarlo Ventre (0-2-0) and sophomore Michael Cullen (1-0-0) have combined to post a 2.67 goals against average and a .899 save percentage between the pipes.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 13 USCHO.com/No. 11 D3hockey.com Babson (7-1-1) had its six-game winning streak snapped in a 3-2 loss to Williams on Saturday.
• First-year Matt Wiesner had a goal and an assist and classmate Ryan Black tacked on a third-period score for the Beavers, who were outshot 39-22 in the loss.
• Sophomore Nick Rosa (7-6-13) has scored three game-winning goals, first-year Mike Egan (3-8-11) has scored once on the power play, and Wiesner (8-2-10) has produced at least a point in five straight outings.
• Senior goaltenders Bryan Botcher and Matt Pompa have combined to post a 1.98 goals against average and a .935 save percentage.
• Since returning to the lineup last Saturday at Johnson & Wales, Flynn has produced one goal and three assists for four points in three contests.
• Flynn, who finished second on the team with 14 assists in 27 games as a rookie, has produced at least one point in four straight games going back to the end of last season.
AMONG THE NATION'S BEST
• Botcher, who is unbeaten over his last six starts going back to last February, is currently ranked fifth in Division III in save percentage (.956) and seventh in goals against average (1.22).
• Since January 2017, the Green and White has won nine of its last 11 games following a loss.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have outscored their opponents 15-3 in the third period this season.