No. 23 Men's Golf at the NYU Spring Invitational
Saturday, March 30 | 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 31 | 8:30 a.m.
Forest Hill Field Club | Bloomfield, N.J.
• The nationally-ranked Babson men's golf team returns to competition this weekend when it travels to Bloomfield, N.J., to take part in the NYU Spring Invitational for the first time.
• The 36-hole event will be played at the par-71, 6,503-yard Forest Hill Field Club, which opened in 1927 and was designed by the legendary A.W. Tillinghast.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 22 Babson wrapped up the most successful fall in program history by capturing the NEIGA Championship for its third consecutive tournament title.
• First-year Nicholas Gianelos closed with a 1-under 71 and tied for second overall at 2-over par, while sophomore Lane Bohman and junior Chris Bornhorst both posted top-15 finishes as the Beavers rallied from three shots back to defeat Williams by a stroke.
• Bornhost leads the team in stroke average (73.83) and has finished at par or better in five of 12 rounds, Gianelos (74.33) is second on the team with two rounds round under par, and Bohman finished the fall with a 74.75 average and five top-15 showings.
• The Green and White broke 300 seven times in six tournaments during the fall and boasts a 299.00 team scoring average.
PRESENCE IN THE POLLS
• Babson entered the Bushnell Golfweek Division III poll for the first time at No. 22 back in October following its victories at the Royal Lakes-Oglethorpe Invitational and the Saratoga National Invitational, and has been ranked in four straight editions of the poll.
• After debuting at No. 23 in the first spring poll back in February, the Green and White moved up to 22nd in most recent poll released on Friday morning.
THE ROAD TO WILLIAMSBURG
• Following this weekend's event, the Green and White will look to capture its second consecutive Tim Brown Invitational crown when it travels to Saratoga Springs, N.Y., next Saturday and Sunday.
• The NYU and Skidmore events are the only tournaments prior to the Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) Championship, which will be played on April 18-20 in Williamsburg, Va.
• The winner of the 54-hole conference championship will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Championship.