Men's Golf at the Royal Lakes-Ogelthorpe Invitational
Monday-Tuesday, October 1-2 | 8 a.m.
Royal Lakes Golf and Country Club | Flowery Branch, Ga.
• The Babson men's golf team travels to the Atlanta suburbs to compete in the Royal Lakes-Oglethorpe Invitational for the first time in program history. The two-day event gets underway on Monday at 8 a.m. with the final round slated to begin on Tuesday at 8 a.m.
• Royal Lakes Golf and Country Club is a 6,980-yard par 72 course located 45 northeast of Atlanta.
• The Beavers will take on a strong field that features six teams that were ranked in the GCAA preseason poll back in late August in addition to five other programs that received votes in the initial rankings.
• No. 12 Greensboro won last year's event by four strokes over No. 2 Emory, which is coming off a victory at the NCAA Fall Preview on September 17-18.
• No. 16 California Lutheran, No. 17 Oglethorpe, No. 18 Sewanee and No. 25 LaGrange will all tee it up at Royal Lakes G&CC on Monday and Tuesday.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson is coming off a tie for fifth place at the Williams Invitational at Taconic GC on September 22-23.
• Sophomore Lane Bohman tied for 12th on the individual leaderboard at 10-over 152 and junior Chris Bornhorst finished one shot behind him with a 36-hole total of 11-over 153 to grab a share of 16th position.
• Bornhorst leads the Green and White with a 74.00 stroke average, Bohman (74.17) owns three top-15 results in three events, and first-year Nicholas Gianelos has played to a 75.00 average over his first six competitive rounds.
• The Beavers have broken 300 three times this fall and boast a 300.17 stroke average entering the week.
NICE TO MEET YOU
• Babson will compete against a program from the CAC for the first time since joining the league in July at Royal Lakes as York (Pa.) is competing in the 19-team field.
• The Spartans are coming off a third-place finish at the Montgomery Cup on September 22-23. York also finished third at last spring's CAC Championship.
GEORGIA ON MY MIND
• The Beavers will compete in the state of Georgia for the first time in program history on Monday and Tuesday.
• Babson's last trip south came at the end of the 2017 campaign when it competed in the NCAA Division III Championship at the Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, Fla.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• Thirteen of the 18 teams that competed in last year's Royal Lakes Invitational broke 600 over 36 holes.