Men's Golf at the Bill Detrick Invitational
Saturday, September 8 – 12 p.m. | Sunday, September 9 – 12 p.m.
Indian Hill Country Club | Newington, Conn.
• The Babson men's golf team will begin the 2018-19 season at the 36-hole Bill Detrick Invitational hosted by Trinity on Saturday afternoon.
• The Beavers will play 18 holes on both Saturday and Sunday at the par 72, 6,513-yard Indian Hill CC.
LAST TIME AT THE BILL DETRICK INVITATIONAL
• Junior Chris Bornhorst closed with a 4-over par 76 to help the Beavers finish sixth out of 11 teams at last season's event.
• Bornhorst grabbed a share of 14th position with an 11-over par total of 155, while Ian Notkin '18 carded rounds of 80-79 to finish at 15-over.
• Babson's team total of 630 was its highest of the season.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• The Green and White returns seven players from a team that captured its fourth straight NECC title and posted a 300.20 stroke average in 2017-18.
• Bornhorst earned GCAA All-America honorable mention honors after recording a 73.40 average across 20 rounds.
• Sophomores Lane Bohman (75.78) and Reed Wilson (76.11) combined to break par four times as rookies, while senior Riley Whitham finished fifth on the squad with a 77.56 stroke average.
• Babson broke 300 as a team in nine of 20 competitive rounds last season.
• Bornhorst finished at even par or better in five straight rounds to end the year.
NEW FOR '18-19
• After nine years as a member of the NECC, the Beavers joined the CAC back July. The league features seven schools that sponsor men's golf, and the winner of April's conference championship will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers have played to an average team score of 311 over their last four rounds at Indian Hill CC.