Men's Basketball at Lasell
Wednesday, November 14 | 7 p.m.
Lasell Athletic Center| Newton, Mass.
• Babson and Lasell will meet for the 16th time on Wednesday night in a series that dates back to 1998. The Beavers are 12-3 all-time against the Lasers.
• Tim Hasbargen MBA '19 led five players in double figures with 18 points as the Beavers defeated Lasell, 95-64, on November 15, 2017, in Babson Park.
• Junior Frank Oftring added 12 points on 6-of-8 shooting and senior Brandon Johnson finished with a double-double (11 points, 10 rebounds) for Babson, which shot 70 percent in the second half.
LAST LASELL WIN
• Brandon Ganesh exploded for 18 of his game-high 30 points in the second half and Sean Bertanza chipped in with 18 points, seven rebounds and six assists to help the Lasers edge Babson, 75-72, on November 20, 2012, in Babson Park.
SCOUTING THE LASERS
• Lasell (1-1) rallied from a 21-point deficit to edge Regis, 72-71, in its home opener on Monday night.
• Stefan Masciarelli scored 26 of his game-high 34 points in the second for the Lasers, who took their first lead of the game on his bucket with 10 seconds to go in regulation.
• Masciarelli is averaging 29.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists, sophomore Dylan Murray (16.0 pts, 2.0 reb) is shooting 43.8 percent from three-point range, and classmate Vic Collazo (11.5 pts, 10.5 reb) has grabbed seven offensive boards in two starts.
• Lasell has won eight of its last 10 home games going back to last January.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (0-1) tied the game with less than a second to go in regulation before suffering an 85-80 OT loss at Johnson & Wales on Sunday night.
• Sophomore Andrew Jaworski finished with a career-high 32 points to go along with nine rebounds, five assists and three blocks for the Beavers, who committed 25 turnovers in the loss.
• Johnson, the team's top returning scorer and rebounder, and juniors Julian Alexis and Shyheim Ulrickson all scored eight points in the season opener against the Wildcats.
• The Green and White returns nine players in all and three starters from a squad that went 15-11 last winter.
STUFFING THE STAT SHEET
• In addition to his eight points, Alexis contributed eight boards, four assists and one steal in his first career start on Sunday at Johnson & Wales.
GETTING TO THE LINE
• Babson attempted 32 free throws in its season-opening loss, which is more than in any game last season and the team's highest total since hoisting up 35 foul shots in an NCAA Tournament first round win over Husson in 2017.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers last four wins at Lasell have all come by four points or less.